Dangers of Paracetamol

An overdose of the very commonly taken painkiller, Paracetamol, can be very dangerous and may even cause death , says Dr. Kenneth Simpson in his recent research project published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology.This condition which he term as "staggered overdose" is hard to diagonose even with blood samples. Low levels of over doses are diagnosed in blood tests but in the  staggered condition,"blood may display low levels of paracetamol, despite (the person) being at a high risk of liver failure and death.
After observing 663 patients, Simpson declares:

"On admission, these staggered overdose patients were more likely to have liver and brain problems, require kidney dialysis or help with breathing and were at a greater risk of dying than people who had taken single overdoses."


Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!